Innovation and Commercialization
For entrepreneurs looking to commercialize intellectual property, start or grow a business based on innovative technologies or develop new applications for existing technologies, DSBDC helps clients attain commercialization goals. Our team of business advisors has expertise with technology transfer and commercialization, research and development funding, intellectual property, technology networking and alternative financing. Coupled with our technology certification and partnership with the Technology Transfer Center at UD’s Office of Economic Innovation and Partnerships (OEIP), DSBDC delivers services in various areas:
- Business Development: Commercialization planning, analysis of market potential, product development planning and start-up strategies.
- Intellectual Property (IP): Development of strategies, identification of options and referrals to IP attorneys.
- Management Team and Human Resources: Assessment of management team with identification of gaps, definitions of roles and responsibilities, retention of key employees and team building.
- Economic Environment: Development of professional connections, networks and referral systems.
- Access to Capital: SBIR/STTR grant writing assistance through the SBIResource™ program, identification of and preparation for equity financing through angel investors and venture capitalists as well as for traditional financing options. You can also check out our free Attracting Technology Investors video on Global Classroom. Tech Venture Videos Handout (PDF)
- Delaware Valley Resource Map: In response to frequent corporate layoffs of highly skilled employees across the region, the Delaware SBDC and Pennsylvania SBDC are working together to re-purpose and grow the enormous technology talent available in the region. The two SBDCs are leveraging unique, complementing services and expertise into a powerful economic recovery program that can spur the growth of new and established small firms, based primarily on leveraging technology development and innovation. We’ve developed the Delaware Valley Resource Map for entrepreneurs to view the region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem in both DE and South-Eastern PA.